Yoga of Recovery
July 28 @ 7:00 pm - August 3 @ 5:00 pm| $300 - $900
Yoga of Recovery is the first comprehensive course to combine Ayurveda and Yoga with traditional recovery tools to offer a more holistic mind, body, spirit approach to addictions, eating disorders, and self-destructive behaviors. This course brings the Western approaches (neuroscience and 12 Steps) and the Eastern approaches (Yoga and Ayurveda) together in a truly empowering approach. It is the evolution of the solution.
We offer an 18 hour workshop and a 50 hour course. The syllabi are below. The 18 hour workshop has an early bird price of $300 until July 27, 2017, it will be $350 thereafter. The 50 hour course has an early bird price of $900 until July 27, 2017 and will be $1000 thereafter.
Upon completion of this course you will:
Have the skills to introduce the healing potential of the holistic sciences of Ayurveda and Yoga into your own life and those of your students and clients.
Be uniquely qualified and more confident to teach yoga in rehabs or to people in recovery from any addiction.
Be prepared to assess the root of your clients’ problems and the holistic treatment approach.
Day 1-3 are open to the public as a stand alone 18hr workshop, $300. Yoga or other Health Professionals must take all 7 days to receive certification and/or Elective Course credit, $900.
Fri July 28, 2017 – 7-9pm
Day 1 – Retreat and Course
- Opening introductions and sankalpa
- The Roots of our Addictive Personalities/behaviors (6 Tenets of YoR)
- Gunas Questionnaire
Sat July 29, 2017 – 8am-5pm
- Struggling and stuck in a rut to release and stability (Gunas – down and out of addiction)
- Doshas Questionnaire
Sun July 30, 2017 – 8am-5pm
- Chronic stress response – your stress signature (Gunas and Doshas – Restless, Irritable, Discontent – Hospitals, Jail & Institutions to Happy, Joyous and Free)
- Emotional Regulation through simple sense self soothing techniques (Life is Sweet – Sweet self care suggestions)
-END THE 18HR WORKSHOP-
Mon July 31, 2017 – 8am-5pm
- Check in
- Discuss how and where we offer YoR in our communities
- Cause of disease from holistic perspective
- Digestion & Emotions – gut, heart, brain
Tues August 1, 2017 – 8am-5pm
- Bhakti Yoga soothing emotional turmoil and loneliness
- Karma Yoga – Love in action
- Students present suggestions for group workshops on Roots of our Addictive Behaviors
Wed August 2, 2017 – 8am-5pm
- Raja Yoga and Jnana Yoga – the healing ripple of sustained self care and recovery
- Students present suggestions for group workshops on the evolutionary perspective on emotional sobriety
Thurs August 3, 2017 – 8am-5pm
- Students present suggestions for group workshops on the evolutionary regulation from the behavioral health care suggestions of Yoga and Ayurveda
- Facilitating community conversations about the problem and the solution
Each Day will also include: Hatha yoga, group meditation & discussions
Manual specifically written for this course
Elective for 500 Hour and Yoga Therapy Training
Upon completion you will be eligible to register 50 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) with Yoga Alliance (YA).
Durga Leela – BA, CAS, PKS, Yoga Acharya, is the founder of Yoga of Recovery. She is a Certified Yoga Teacher E-RYT 500 through the Sivananda lineage and extensively trained in Meditation and Vedanta. A Clinical Ayurvedic and Pancha Karma Specialist, Durga trained both in the US and India and has served as the Director of the Ayurveda Programs at the Yoga Farm in California since 2003. She is a professional member and speaker for the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA) and International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT), also a member of Yoga Alliance. Durga has worked on her own path of recovery and has been a grateful member of 12 step fellowship for over 14 years.