25Hr Awaken Your Rhythm – Drumming for Spirituality, Healing and Consciousness
June 7 @ 10:00 am - June 9 @ 6:00 pm| $695 – $800
Join internationally acclaimed author and music therapist, Christine Stevens in a powerful weekend of rhythmic empowerment. Learn to play healing rhythms from around the world. Discover the four elements of music for sound healing; rhythm for the body; melody for the heart; harmony for the soul; and silence for the mind. Embody music in your own inner attunement. Drums and instruments are provided or bring your own. Flutes, rattles, drums, ukuleles, singing bowls, all are welcome. NO prior musical experience necessary. If you have a heart beat – you have rhythm. You are rhythm.
Highlights of the Course Schedule
1. Experience a Middle Eastern drum lesson from percussion master Frank Lazarro.
2. Take a daily field trip into Nature and discover the power of ceremony and spiritual connection outdoors.
3. Learn how to do a drum massage and vibrational healing power of the drum
4. Learn healing rhythms and create your own based on the 3 keys to sound healing.
5. Experience Music Medicine – the 4 elements of rhythm, melody, harmony and silence.
6. Learn to integration rhythm, voice, and movement
7. Experience rhythmic mantras and meditation rhythms.
8. Stretch your creative muscles – get practice in leading groups and jamming with others in a safe, well-held space.
We are all wired for rhythm. From the circadian patterns of waking and resting, to the heart beat, to the breathing pattern of inhale and exhale. Rhythm is who you are. The Navajo Elders say “The Great Mystery loved the drum so much, he gave everyone a heartbeat.”
Recommended Materials: The Healing Drum Learning Program, Sounds True https://youtu.be/gem_sezsS0w
Cost: $695 early bird until May 7th; $800 thereafter
Training Location: Soul of Yoga Institute 162 S. Rancho Santa Fe. Rd. Suite A70 Encinitas, CA 92024
Bio: Christine Stevens, MSW, MT-BC, MA holds master’s degrees in both social work and music therapy. She is the Sounds True author of Music Medicine, The Healing Drum Kit and The Art and Heart of Drum Circles. A practicing yogi, she is the founder of UpBeat Drum Circles based in Encinitas. Christine has appeared on NBC, PBS, KTLA, and is a featured speaker in the DVD Discover the Gift. A global troubadour, she has trained facilitators from more than twenty-five countries, led programs for Iraqi refugee women in El Cajon, and became a musical ambassador of peace. From Fortune 500 companies to survivors of disasters, from singing in a sweat lodge with the Lakota Nation, to facilitating outdoor ceremonies, Christine brings peace-making through the weaving of songs and rhythms from sacred sound traditions. She led the first drum circle training in a war-zone in northern Iraq.