Prime of Life Yoga Level 1 Training with Larry Payne, PhD
June 22 @ 9:30 am - June 25 @ 5:25 pm| $975
Midlife in America is changing.
Men and women between the ages of “40 something” to “70 something” are more active and adventuresome than ever before. They represent the largest population growth segment for Yoga. This program offers an overall lifestyle approach to Yoga that includes asana that is accommodating, covering everyday biomechanics, management of common aches and pains and weight reduction with Yoga, gait training, stress reduction and sleeping tips. A balanced presentation of an online course and a four-day intensive. For Yoga teachers and students.
At the completion of this training you will be able to:
- Confidently teach yoga to older populations whose needs differ from younger yoga students
- Understand the safest and most “User friendly” postures for students in middle age
- Be able to create unique sequences for each class using the Prime of Life Yoga classic 12 step outline
- Incorporate the themes of positive thinking, self-worth, peace of mind and acceptance of the aging process into your yoga classes
- Understand principles of daily biomechanics: walking, sitting, sleeping and being intimate
- Understand the basics of lower and upper back problems and how to guide these students in your class
- Teach advanced breathing techniques (Pranayama) for the second half of life
- Lead relaxation techniques and provide guidance to students for better sleep
- Apply the 50 hours of this course as continuing education credit towards Yoga Alliance requirements
Training Location: Soul of Yoga Institute 162 S. Rancho Santa Fe Rd. Suite A70 Encinitas, CA 92024
Larry Payne, Ph.D., C-IAYT, E-RYT500 is an internationally respected yoga teacher and back specialist. The L.A. Times named Larry “One of America’s most respected Yoga teachers”. He has co-authored 5 books including international bestseller Yoga for Dummies and Yoga Therapy and Integrative Medicine. Larry is founding president of the International Association of Yoga Therapists, founder of the Corporate Yoga program at the J. Paul Getty Museum, and the first Yoga teacher to offer Yoga classes at the World Economic Forum. Payne is co-founder of the yoga curriculum at UCLA’s School of Medicine, and the founding director of the Yoga Therapy Rx® and Prime of Life Yoga© certification programs at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles. In 1980, Larry founded the Samata International Yoga and Health Center in Los Angeles which will be celebrating it’s 40 anniversary in January 2020. Most recently Larry was awarded the prestigious Life Time Achievement Award for Yoga and the title “Yoga Thiligam” by Dr. Ananada Balayogi Bhavanani of Ananda Ashram in Pondicherry India.