Yoga and The Respiratory System with Leslie Kaminoff
December 8 @ 9:30 am - December 9 @ 5:00 pm| $325
Saturday Dec 8 & Sunday Dec 9; 9:30am-5:00pm
In this workshop Leslie Kaminoff, the author of the top-selling book Yoga Anatomy will cover the most essential aspects of theory and practice from his unique, anatomically-informed perspective on the breath-centered yoga of Krishnamacharya and Desikachar. The energetic phenomenon of breathing will be discussed and students will gain a deeper understanding of the anatomy, kinesiology and physiology of breathing.
This workshop will address:
- How breathing occurs on every level – from cells to systems and beyond,
- The basics of breath physiology,
- The structure and function of the diaphragm,
- The key structures involved in breathing,
- How breath coordinates with and supports movement,
- The misunderstood concept of “maximal oxygenation”, i.e. the truth about oxygen and carbon dioxide, hyperventilation, and metabolic loads,
- The physiology of meditative states,
- What anatomy is,
- Western and yogic models of anatomy and physiology,
- The physical correlates of the koshas, chakras, nadis and kundalini.